Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Crazy Lady at the Library


Riley and I were at the library yesterday making more copies of paperwork for Colin's adoption. I was letting Riley put the money in the machine and press the buttons when one of the librarians came over and asked if I needed any help. She had an odd expression on her face, and I thought, "What's up with that? Do I look like I don't know how to operate a copy machine?" She proceeded to walk around half wall we were standing behind and approach the copier. Now I'm feeling really insulted because it seems she doesn't believe me. She then looked down at Riley and started laughing. She explained that she didn't see that I had a little person with me, and she thought I was talking to myself. No wonder she thought I was crazy. I was saying things like, "Now let's put a quarter in. Good! Here's another quarter. Let's put a dime in. These little ones are dimes. They're worth ten pennies. Let's make a copy. Woohooo, here comes the paper."

2 comments:

Mills Family said...

This made me, and Nate, laugh out loud! I can just picture it!

Jen said...

Kelly, Riley's so pretty! Better hide her from any little boys lurking around the library...