Sunday, December 13, 2009

Halloween

I feel like Halloween snuck up quickly this year. I had plans for all kinds of fun activities and we didn't get around to most of them. We couldn't let it pass though without carving a pumpkin. My folks gave us a huge pumpkin which yielded lots of pumpkin seeds for roasting and pumpkin guts for little fingers to squish. Riley used her queen costume from last year and Colin was a six-legged spider (apparently there was not enough room on the costume for two more legs.) On Halloween we went trick-or-treating in the neighborhood for a while before heading over to our church where they had snacks, crafts, games and inflatables. Colin liked jumping in the Shreck inflatable while Riley's favorite was the giant double slide that looked like the sinking titanic (which is kind of morbid if you ask me.) She and her friend Joel liked racing each other to the bottom. I'm glad the kids got good and tired and slept late the next day. I woke up ill and spent the next week with the swine flu. You'll be happy to know I survived.

No comments: