Monday, March 29, 2010

50 Random Things About Me

This is my 50th post! A friend of mine listed 100 things about herself for her hundredth post. I thought that was a good idea, but since it's taken me this long to get to the 50th post, you're just going to have to settle for half as many little known facts. So here's my list:
1. I am a completely random thinker so this little exercise should be easy.
2. I'm pretty sure I'm ADD.
3. I love to collect antiques, especially crocks.
4. I'm a thrift store junkie.
5. My husband thinks I'm a crazy cat lady, but I don't think three cats is too unreasonable.
6. I don't like the taste of coffee, but I love the smell of it.
7. I love plants but I have a tendency to kill them.
8. I've crossed the Atlantic sixteen times.
9. I love to sing.
10. You don't want to listen to me sing.
11. I wanted to be an archeologist when I was a kid.
12. I'm an introvert.
13. I once sang in a plaza in Rome to get some money for gelato.
14. I would like to be fluent in Spanish, Irish Gaelic, Hebrew and Koine Greek before I die.
15. Sometimes my kids say things that crack me up so much I have to go in another room so they don't feel bad that I'm laughing at what they just said.
16. I like to watch old movies from the 30's and 40's.
17. I have naturally curly hair.
18. Most days I wish I had straight hair.
19. Jeff once described my new haircut as "Shirley Temple on Crack."
20. I love to craft (penny rugs, cross stitch, felting, soap making, scrapbooking, you name it.)
21. Kelly is to Pat Catan's as alcoholic is to liquor store.
22. Sometimes I eat shredded parmesan right out of the can.
23. I watch too much TV, but I usually have to be doing something else at the same time.
24. When I was 21, I used public transportation to travel from Galilee to Ramallah by myself.
25. I've never owned a new car. I'm not sure I ever will.
26. I think my husband is hot!
27. I've broken six toes, one at a time.
28. I'm pretty proud of my Irish heritage.
29. I even gave my Russian kids Irish names.
30. My favorite children's book is "Sarah, Plain and Tall."
31. When Jeff and I were doing out premarital counseling, Pastor Bob looked at my personality test and said, "Hmmmmmmm . . . still waters run deep." I think this was his way of telling Jeff, "Good luck."
32. I'm a nerd. I've never gotten below a B in a class.
33. I did however manage to get a D on a Greek midterm.
34. I don't know how to drive a stick shift.
35. I thank God for the blessing of infertility.
36. Someday I want to live in the country, in a historic home, on a lot of acreage.
37. I don't like alcoholic beverages.
38. I really like rum cake, and beer cheese soup, and Jack Daniel's sauce, ect..
39. I once said something funny and made my friend shoot milk out her nose.
40. You can keep your veggies. I'm a meat and potato gal.
41. I have a few friends who I felt like I'd known them forever the first time I met them.
42. I love to read missionary biographies.
43. I was four-years-old when I accepted Christ. I remember praying with Roxanne Fetterhoff and she gave me a plastic glove with a color on each finger for the wordless book.
44. I get choked up hearing a children's choir singing praises to God.
45. I'm not good at math.
46. The first time I saw my husband, I thought he looked like Stewart Finlay-McLennan.
47. I'm afraid I don't show my family and friends how much I love and appreciate them.
48. I am not above using reverse psychology and potty humor to get my kids to do what I want. Example:
Riley: I don't like the beans in this soup.
Me: That's good. Beans make you fart. You don't want to eat those.
Riley: I'm going to eat them all!
49. I can't spell worth beans.
50. I am a work in progress.

1 comment:

Mills Family said...

That's great Kelly! Thanks for sharing. I'm afraid I can totally relate to many, and not at all to others, funny!