Saturday, January 17, 2009

There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays

It's been way too long since my last post, so I've got some catching up to do. Here are some of our Christmas festivities. My mom, my sister-in-law Robin and I got together before Christmas for some baking. We were able to crank out quite a few goodies. We let Riley and my niece Maria get in on the fun too by decorating some cookies. I think more frosting than cookies were consumed in the process, but they seemed to enjoy the activity.
Riley was very careful with the placement of the sprinkles (which were quickly picked off and eaten.)
Maria actually ate the whole cookie, unlike her cousin who just licked all the frosting off.

On the Saturday before Christmas, the whole family met at my parents' house. I love our family gatherings. We are such an informal, laid-back group. Common topics of conversation are deer hunting, stupid stunts (whether performed by a family member or someone we know), and bodily functions. Some people have turkey or goose for their meal, but we had our traditional Coccia House Christmas pizza. I love my family!!!

Here's some of the family getting ready to open gifts. Pictured are Dad, Justin, Riley, me, Maria, Mom, Richard and Aunt Pam.
Riley and Maria both received princess costumes.
Dad, Richard, Justin, Grandpa, Riley, Mom, me, Grandma, Aunt Pam, Maya and Robin
I love this photo of my beautiful sister-in-law and new niece enjoying her first Christmas.
Here are the young, hip, twenty-something cousins, Cara, Katy and Morgan. Katy and Morgan are getting married in the spring but I already consider Katy my cousin-in-law. (Is that a real word?) 
"But they're cousins - identical cousins" 
This isn't the best picture of Colin and I, but I wanted to show the cute outfit he was originally wearing because . . .
Colin ended up wearing this lovely outfit by the end of the night. The poor little guy suffered a massive diaper failure, and naturally I had just removed the spare change of clothes from the diaper bag a day or two before. I had to put him in a hoodie that Riley had received as a gift. One day he will look back at this photo of himself in nothing but a diaper and his sisters purple velvet shirt and cringe, but for now, he doesn't seem to mind.
I will leave you with this cute video. Grandma and Grandpa started dancing to some music and Colin just had to get in on the action. 

No comments: