Sunday, March 9, 2008

I finally did it!

OK, I finally started a blog. I've been  been meaning to do this for quite some time but just never got around to it. I enjoy reading my friends blogs a great deal, especially those friends who live far away. It helps me feel more connected to them in an every day sort of way. So here I am. I make no promises about the frequency of my posts, and anyone who knows me should know better than to expect anything beyond random ramblings. My hope is that this blog gives you an enjoyable glimpse into my family's little world.
And now an explanation about the name of my blog . . . A dacha is a Russian summer house. It is a home away from home. Thats how I think of my house. It is temporary dwelling as I await my permanent home in heaven. Dóchas is the Irish word for hope. The Lord fills my days with hope for myself and my family- hope for my children's futures, hope that present adversity will pass, hope that He will make me into someone greater than I am now, and hope for the life to come. 

3 comments:

Mills Family said...

Beautiful, creative name! I wish I could have come up with something so creative! I see you have a trip coming up! Many blessings, I'd love to hear more!

Jen said...

I love the blog so far! Great name, fun stories and photo. Can't wait to read more! xxoo

Life with la familia said...

Welcome to the mostly narcissistic world of blogging! Your far away family will love it as much as ours does.