Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Meeting Our Boy

March 17 continued
We got to meet our little guy today. Seeing him has laid all my fears to rest. When he was first brought into the room, I thought he was going to cry, but he must have decided that we didn't seem too bad because he settled down quickly and grinned at us. He was quick to smile and laugh. We brought a toy and book with family photos in it. He enjoyed chewing on each of these. I'd love to post some pictures of him but can't until he's officially ours. I will say though that he has thick, dark hair and large brown eyes with long lashes that are going to melt the hearts of the ladies. He's terribly small but we'll bulk him up when he gets home. We have been told that there is an outbreak of chicken pox in his groupa, and he has a spot on his forehead that has been treated with some kind of green medicine that makes it look as if someone took a marker to his head. Despite this, he seems to be in good spirits. He is a sweet little guy and I am throughly in love with him. 
Our boy is in the same orphanage that Riley lived in. We were happy to see many familiar faces there including two doctors, the social worker, and several caregivers. They were all enthusiastic about the photos we brought of Riley and remarked about how much she's grown and how beautiful she is. Speaking of my little munchkin, I am so homesick for her.  My friend Becky is watching her during the day and my parents are taking care of her in the evenings. Jeff and I talked to Riley briefly today while she was at the Lee's. She said something along the lines of, "Hi, I pwaying wiff Effan. Bye." Oh well, at least she's keeping busy. Thanks, Becky!

No comments: