Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Seeing Spots

March 19
Yesterday we signed the papers to petition to adopt. We also registered our son's new name. And the name is  . . . (drum roll please) . . . Colin Patrick. After months of deliberation we finally agreed on a name. Even though he will not officially become Colin until our court date, I will refer to him as such from here on out. 
We visited Colin yesterday and again today. He had a few more spots from the chicken pox yesterday. Today is another story. Our poor little guys is covered head to toe with spots. They have put more of that green medicine on him, and it looks like he's been attacked by a three year old with a Crayola marker. I could tell he wasn't feeling well. His eyes were red and he didn't have the energy he had the past few days. He was still in a good mood and smiled frequently. He fell asleep in my arms for a while so we didn't play as much, but I enjoyed just holding him. I cried when it was time to leave, thinking this would be the last time we got to see him on this trip, but we were informed later that we will be able to see him again tomorrow. 
We are able to visit Colin again because our meeting with the judge was moved up to today. We were informed of this on the way to see the judge. I'm not sure we made a good impression as we were saving our good clothes for our meeting tomorrow. We felt rather rushed and the translator was a bit awkward so I'm not sure our answers came across clearly. We are praying for a court date to be assigned quickly.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love the name! My friends the O'Deas named their son the same combination of names -- perfect Scotch-Irish names!

I can't wait to meet Colin Patrick, and for that matter Riley -- hopefully this October in Wheaton?

When do you anticipate that you'll get to bring Colin home?